Hello Loves! In today’s blog, I will be talking about my favorite artists on YouTube. Towards the end of 2018, I’ve started falling back in love with art — which means, I’ve been binge watching a lot of videos on Youtube. Without further ado, here is a list of artists that I am obsessed with!
**Quick warning: it’s a long one!**
- Amanda is an influencer and artist based in Canada!
- I really love her bullet journal videos, and stationary videos.
- I am a fanatic when it comes to stationary supplies, and her collection and knowledge on different brands and supplies is phenomenal.
- She also has many videos on calligraphy as well, which is extremely helpful for beginners like me.
- Amanda also has various tutorials on doodles, especially those within her bullet journal.
- Amanda also touches on beauty and lifestyle topics on her channel.
- Annabelle is a textiles student at Rhode Island School of Design.
- Her videos are more about her life as an art student, and I love her style of editing because it is quite calming and lo-fi-esque.
- Annabelle also makes videos about beauty and fashion.
- Her art is showcased in her vlogs, and it makes me excited for her work when she’s finished with school!
- Even with the assignments that she is given, it is apparent that she has a very unique and elegant style.
- Her color palette is also showcased on her IG account, and it is a nice blend between pastels and primary colors.
- Jiyeon is an illustrator based in S. Korea.
- She mainly uses watercolors, and watching her work is like magic.
- She makes everything look so effortless, even in her real-time painting videos.
- Her style is very unique, and her color palette matches my aesthetic quite nicely.
- I really enjoy her style of composition: it is very minimal, but detailed at the same time.
- Watching her videos has such a calming affect on me. It’s so soothing that it’s helped me fall asleep before.
- Sha’an is an illustrator based in Sydney, Australia.
- She has a very cute / kawaii and innocent style.
- Her color palette is very bright and happy! It honestly makes me smile.
- Sha’an’s personality also shines through her work, and I think that’s why I have such a love for her work.
- She was the first artist I’ve purchased art from. Ever since then, I’ve made it a resolution to support more artists / creators.
- Her main demographic is geared towards children, but my 22 year old heart loves it irregardless.
- Sha’an is also an author who released her first picture book, “Zoom”.
- Hieu is a brilliant artist based in Melbourne, Australia.
- He recently had his first solo exhibition in NYC, and it is honestly one of the most breathtaking exhibits that I have ever seen.
- His channel showcases his work, behind the scenes clips, tutorials, and tips and tricks.
- His style of editing is very simple, but its a wonderful contrast when it comes to his very detailed work.
- I have been wanting to purchase one of his pieces, but it has been a struggle seeing how talented he is.
- Hieu uses watercolor, gold foil, and ink in his work.
- His style of art is more fluid and realistic, in comparison to the other artists that I’ve introduced.
- The composition of his pieces are quite breathtaking and I wouldn’t doubt his success in the future.
- PearFleur is an illustrator who is also an architecture student based in New York.
- She mainly uses watercolor and gauche as her medium.
- But, she has some videos regarding digital media as well!
- I really like her style because it is more abstract, in comparison to some other artists.
- Her composition is also abstract, but can also be very detailed and cutesy.
- PearFleur’s color palette is a bit toned down, but has variety: from monochrome, to pastels, to primaries.
- On her channel, she also provides product reviews, behind the scenes, as well as tutorials / tips and tricks.
- She is also exploring and experimenting new mediums and ideas.
- Last, but definitely not least, is Rin! She is based in the Michigan.
- She is an illustrator and artist who focuses primarily on people and characters.
- The first thing you notice is that she is very perky and quirky — which I love!
- Her art style is very cute, bold, and comic-esque. It reflects her personality nicely.
- To match her art style, her color palette is more bold and colorful.
- Her preferred medium is markers, which is quite different, but in a good way! She also has some digital pieces.
- Rin’s content is full of product reviews, tips and tricks, and tutorials.
- I really enjoy how she’s not afraid to voice her opinions, especially when she tries new products. She also likes to emphasize that you don’t need expensive supplies to make good art!
PHEW~ I told you it was a long one! Lately, I’ve been catching myself going to these YouTubers instead of my usual lifestyle favorites. It’s a nice change, and watching these artists really helps me to stay inspired and curious.
I really encourage you guys to venture to at least one of these channels, and hopefully you’ll see what I see. I understand art isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it doesn’t hurt to try. With that being said, I can honestly tell you that I will be venturing back to the art world as a hobby. It’s been an on and off relationship with art, and I’m hoping to get back into it and to improve my skills.
If you check out any of these artists, please let me know who your favorite is, and your thoughts on their work! Also, if you are an artist, please leave your information down below — I would love to check out your work!
With Love, Joslyn